set no password in a fedora user

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Tue Dec 9 13:28:04 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:50, Rafa Quintanilla wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using fedora and set two more users, one of them
> my wife. I tried to leave her password blank, but
> fedora wouldn't admit that (altho I have it so in MDK
> 9.2, in the same hard disk). Does anyone know if that
> is possible? How?

Try the following: Grab a shell, log in as root, and type 'passwd wife'
(assuming you wifes username is 'wife'). Enter the old password, then
just press enter twice for the new password. Disregard the warnings
about a bad password.

And do keep in mind, that if this box is connected to the internet, then
this is a serious security risk.

--
Tarjei