set no password in a fedora user

Listas listas at saladelfrio.com
Tue Dec 9 13:27:20 UTC 2003

El mar, 09-12-2003 a las 13:50, Rafa Quintanilla escribió:

Just edit the file /etc/shadow and search for something like

mysql:!!:12363:0:99999:7:::
mywife:THEPASSWORD:12363:0:99999:7:::

and delete the password, and let it blank as:

mywife::12363:0:99999:7:::

But you must remember this is a big security Hole... try to (i don't
know the word in english but in spanish is convencer) your wife to use a
password.

> Hi,
> I am using fedora and set two more users, one of them
> my wife. I tried to leave her password blank, but
> fedora wouldn't admit that (altho I have it so in MDK
> 9.2, in the same hard disk). Does anyone know if that
> is possible? How?

José Salgado
http://www.saladelfrio.com
Una web que ya no se ni porque la hice, pero ahí está.