set no password in a fedora user

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Dec 9 16:13:13 UTC 2003

Tarjei Knapstad wrote:

> You don't need protection from yourself, and I'm guessing the OP isn't
> too concerned about his wife gaining access to his account, but you _do_
> need protection from the outside, and being sloppy with passwords for
> unprivileged accounts is almost just as bad as leaving your root
> password blank.

This comes up time and time again in various forums. What makes you
and nearly everyone else think anyone who does this isn't behind a firewall?
What makes you think anyone who does this cares whether someone would
waste his time trying to crack through the firewall? Nothing here other than
root has more than nominal write privileges.

Everyone who admits being passwordless does NOT automatically need a
reminder how stupid passwordless+firewall-less is. The poster wanted
explanation how to remove a password, not a lecture on what passwords
are for.
--
"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
                                                John 8:32 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/