Fedora breaks dhcpd, RH9 doesn't?

nejaa at racc2000.com nejaa at racc2000.com
Wed Dec 10 13:51:21 UTC 2003

Andy,
Something that jumps out at me is that you are using two different local IP
ranges on eth0.

IE: dhcpd is passing out IPs on 192.198.0.X but your LAN-side NIC is on the
10.1.1.X range. I'm not sure what
this will result in, but I know its not making life easy for your LAN.

I would try changing your LAN-side NIC to 192.168.0.1, this would also fix
another issue I see with your
configs: the "options routers" statement in dhcpd.conf needs to match the
IP address of your LAN-side NIC.

If I were you, I'd move that IP over to 192.168.0.1 then test you LAN
connection without using dhcp. Assign a
client workstation a static IP address (outside of your dhcp pool, but
still on the same subnet, IE
192.168.0.51), default gateway: 192.168.0.1, DNS if you want to. Try to
ping your fedora box's LAN-side nic
from the static workstation, then try the WAN NIC on your linux box (to
test your IP-Masq (assuming that's
what you're doing) ). Basically, I'd get everything working without dhcp
first, then add the convenience of
dhcp after it's working statically.

Hope that helps,
Nejaa