Cygwin/X - cannot display

Steven Stern sds-email-list at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 10 15:34:42 UTC 2003

I'm having difficulties using X apps from the Fedora box on my Windows
desktop.  When I load Cygwin/X, start an SSH connected to the Fedora box and
type "xchat", I see "Cannot access display".  I thought it might be a firewall
issue, so I disabled firewalls on both boxes but got no improvement.  I
thought it might be an X issue on Fedora, but when I boot the Windows box
using Knoppix, I can run X apps via SSH.

So, does anyone know what tweak needs to be made to Cygwin/X to get it to work
with Fedora through SSH?

Thanks.

   --Steve