setting the default route

Alex White prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 10 20:19:39 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 09:08:27PM +0100, Hans Müller wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 10 Dezember 2003 20:37 schrieb Alex White:
> > On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:16:55PM +0100, Hans Müller wrote:
> > > how can set the default route?
> > > afte booting i can change it by route del and route add.
> > > But what can i do the i not need to modify the routing table after boot
> > > via hand?
> > >

> > > --
> >
> > You may have received a reply about this already, but you can add your
> > route add -host x.x.x.x gw x.x.x.x stuff in /etc/rc.local.
> Yes this works. But to late, beacuse the is exuctet after all init scripts.
> And i have a deamon that need to contact a server in anonter sub net. So the
> routing table must be correctet bevor the daemon try to start.

Ah hah, my apologies. I didn't know that, my mistake. In that case
I can't help you lol. My routing for whatever reason, unlike yours
functions (for the most part) out of the box, but I'm not doing anything
outside of my subnet. Unfortunately I'm still waitin' to see if someone
can figure out why my ethernet card doesn't provide any information on
itself. Anyhow, sorry I couldn't help ya.

Alex