Re; Graphical Boot...

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Dec 10 21:54:58 UTC 2003

Rob Park wrote:
> Gareth Bult wrote:
>
>> Please can we have something on the graphics output such that when the
>> disk reaches it's maximal mount count and goes off into a disk check -
>> we get some notification ?
>

> I noticed the same problem. It freaked me right out, I thought it had
> hung or something, until I switched VTs and saw what was happening.

There is a spot on the boot screen where you can click and get the
good ol' text startup screen displayed.  It's up to you which you
prefer.

Me, I'm old school.  I like to SEE what's happening.  I was very ticked
off when front panel LEDs went the way of the dodo.  Yes, I'm an old
PDP/VAX/S370/Altair/IMSAI guy.  Hey, I used to bitswitch in my own
boot loaders back in the day!
-   UNIX is actually quite user friendly.  The problem is that it's  -
-              just very picky of who its friends are!               -