Bluetooth MS Keyboard and Mouse

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Wed Dec 10 23:33:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 19:25, Dave Oxley wrote:
> First off I'd just like to say I love Core 1. Works really well and
> looks amazing with its graphical booting. And Yum is a god send.
>
> I've moved my machine at work over to Core 1 from XP and I want to do
> the same with my home machine. My main problem is my Microsoft Wireless
> Desktop (Bluetooth). Maybe I should be asking this question on the Bluez
> list, but I thought it might be best to ask here first as I'm interested
> to find out when/if it will work out of the box for Core 2/3/4....
> How can I configure Core 1 to use my Keyboard and Mouse?

I'm afraid I can't speak directly to whether or not it will work with
your keyboard and mouse, but it works fine with two different makes of
Bluetooth USB dongle...

This page tells an interesting story:
http://www.visi.com/~pmk/msbtkb-linux.html

I'm guessing that "out of the box" probably isn't realistic, but with a
little work, it should be doable.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves