During install.. needed improvement

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Dec 11 14:43:17 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Harry Putnam wrote:

> During an install in Graphic mode, at the part where you get to disk
> druid assuming you've opted to do it manually.  I see no possibility
> of making an extended partition.  Further in the help section there
> is no mention that user can get to a shell prompt and use fdisk.

You can do <ctrl><alt><f2> to get to a shell prompt and run fdisk.

They dumbed this down b/c too many newbies were getting confused.
It falls into the category of too many knobs to twist confuses people.
It used to be documented somewhere but I no longer remember where.
I just know it works. :-)

HTH,

.....Tom