.bash_profile problem

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Thu Dec 11 17:56:13 UTC 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 15:58, Bart.Wille at jacobs.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why doesn't .bash_profile work in Fedora Core 1?
> When I log into a console, neither .bash_profile or .bashrc works.
>
> How can I enable this?
>
> best regards,
>
> Bart

Bart,

I just tried a quick test here and it seems to work both logging into a
new console via <ctrl><alt><f1> or simply opening up a new new KDE
konsole session in a current login.  I simply added a new alias:

alias less='le'

to .bashrc as a test while logged in as root and the new alias was
working in either of the methods used above.  Perhaps we need to know
more about your setup and what you're doing?

Regards,  Mike Klinke