how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 18:39:14 UTC 2003

I'll keep this short because I'm getting tired of repeating myself...

Preston Crawford  said:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 08:43, William Hooper wrote:
>> > If there's a bug in Apache will they fix it, though? And once again,
>> > what about Samba, NFS, etc. And when I speak of these things I'm not
>> > just talking about them being included, but also the accompanying
>> little
>> > widgets that help you manage them.
>>
>> I'm not sure how to put it any plainer, RTFWP:
>> http://www.redhat.com/software/workstation/
>
> Okay, so it has Samba, NFS and Apache out of the gate, but as I've said
> over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
> over again, it's about  more than just "can I get an RPM". Updates are
> crucial as well and... well... this is what it says.

Allow me to give you a history lesson:
http://updates.redhat.com/enterprise/2.1WS/en/os/SRPMS/

Please get past the mentality of "big bad Red Hat is out to get me".

>> Who called you a leech?  Use Fedora, contribute to the community.
>
> By definition, saying someone isn't contributing to the community unless
> they buy RHEL or run Fedora beta is calling them a leech. So YOU called
> me a leech.

As I recall, you were the one that wanted to contribute.  According to the
archives, you said:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-December/msg02265.html
" I'd gladly pay for a relatively stable for Fedora. But the only way I
can pay is by being a beta tester? "

And the answer is yes.  If you would like to support Fedora you contribute
to the community by beta testing the distro.

I don't recall (and don't see in the archives) ever saying you "had" to
run the beta distros, or "had" to buy RHEL.  I most certainly did not call
you a leech.

--
William Hooper