raid controller recommendation

Jesse Keating jkeating at
Fri Dec 12 00:17:06 UTC 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 13:15, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> The *best* SCSI boards for Linux are Adaptec.
> aicxxx drivers are _much better_ than LSI SYM-2.

I beg to differ.  The aic79xx drivers have been in somewhat of a drift,
either due to work being done on them at adaptec that isn't making it
upstream or what, I don't know, but the quality seems to have gone a
lot downhill.  The megaraid drivers however have gotten quite nice as
of late.  They're about the only u320 solution we'll look at these

Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (
Fedora Legacy Team      (
Mondo DevTeam           (
GPG Public Key          (