Problems with ADSL, HELP PLEASE.

KaLeRO poe at telefonica.net
Fri Dec 12 04:55:15 UTC 2003

Hello, I'm attempting to connect fedora to internet (adsl). When I type "ifup ppp0" to connect to internet (the adsl usb modem is already activated, since I boot fedora) I obtain the next message:
/sbin/adsl-start: line 217:  3821 Terminated              $CONNECT "$@" >/dev/null 2>&1

(The number before "Terminated" changes every time i type "ifup ppp0")
I'm a beginner in Linux and I don't know what it can be, but i attempted to type "vi /sbin/adsl-start" and go to line 217
The line 217 is the next one:
rm -f "$PIDFILE" "$PIDFILE.pppd" "$PIDFILE.pppoe" "$PIDFILE.start"

And before that line there are some thing like that (but there are more things):
[ "$DEBUG" = "1" ] && $ECHO "TIMED OUT" >& 2
# Timed out! Kill the adsl-connect process and quit
kill $CONNECT_PID > /dev/null 2>&1
# Clean up PIDFILE(s)
rm -f "$PIDFILE" "$PIDFILE.pppd" "$PIDFILE.pppoe" "$PIDFILE.start"                         <---------- This is line 217

I don't know what's happening and I would like to be able to connect fedora to internet. Thank you.

(PD: Sorry if my english is so bad :P)