how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

Jacques Escape deepspin at linuxmail.org
Fri Dec 12 06:44:56 UTC 2003

> You can already take packages from the "testing" repositories if you
> want to be closer to the bleeding edge than what Fedora offers by default.
>
> I think this is a good mix, FC is a reasonably stable platform which can
> be used in production (although more bleeding edge than RH(E)L), and for
> those who want newer packages, use beta packages, 2.6test kernels etc.

I completely agree. It's stable enough to use in a production environment, yet more cutting edge than RHEL. Just how I like it. I mean what's the use of making your system so cutting edge that you can't ever really implement it? You essentially sit with a test platform only... but what are you testing when you can't implement it... RHEL? ... to implement this version when the next one is released?

You always have the choice of installing beta packages as they are released to push you closer to 'da edge.

Jacques Du Preez