Swap Space

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 12 11:15:06 UTC 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:

> > memory swap space has been, and still is (0) zero.

> I'm using "top" to see this.

What swap space is defined in your /etc/fstab file?
Does it match your expectations.

Can you make a modest swap file then add it?

With the first CDROM handy to recover if needed, try this.
If you have a line like this in /etc/fstab:
  /dev/no-device-at-all-hda2    swap   swap    defaults   0 0
now can you find the error in the boot logs after a reboot.

BTW: I doubt that 'top' is left over from RH9.  I copied
top from RH9 to Fedora and I see this error:
   /tmp/top: error while loading shared libraries: libproc.so.2.0.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48 -a*t- yahoo-dot-com