raid controller recommendation

Jesse Keating jkeating at
Fri Dec 12 17:36:35 UTC 2003

On Friday 12 December 2003 09:23, Dan de Haan wrote:
> Is still true?  I thought that a 64xx series card with the latest
> firmware update was supposed to be quite stable.  I have a few of
> these cards, what kind of problems should I expect to see?

Even with the latest firmware, we still saw a high rate of false
failures.  Plus these cards have been EOL'd by 3ware, so don't expect
any support or RMAs.  It's very worth the extra $$ to bump up to
today's card versions.

I've heard rumors of a PCI-X platform with a complete firmware re-write
coming soon from 3ware, should be quite nice.

Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (
Fedora Legacy Team      (
Mondo DevTeam           (
GPG Public Key          (