Fedora with IBM ThinkPad R40e

As Wi as1156397 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 18:46:50 UTC 2003

i added this option acpi=on to the end of my grub
command line as the following:

title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
        root (hd0,5)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro
root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi rhgb acpi=on
        initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img

but then, every time fedora starts up, it is hanging
always when the status shows "set up hostname", so the
start up never successfully completed, and i have to
switch off the power button manually.

what was possibly wrong with setting acpi=on?

Ari