Stopping sound module removal

Scott Fones boson245 at msn.com
Fri Dec 12 21:42:56 UTC 2003

Hi all, I was just reading some forums on various linux sites and one
explained a recurring problem that I have with sound.  When I start-up, the
sound works fine and the correct driver is installed, but when I come back
after a prolonged period of time it no longer works.  I found the
explanation that RedHat distro's search every ten minutes for inactive
modules, in this case sound, and remove them.  Also that they are supposed
to reactivate automatically, but for some reason, the sound doesn't.  What
file do I need to alter, and how do I alter it, to stop it from removing the
sound module?  Thank you all in advance.

Scott

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com