Swap partition

Kevin Krieser kkrieser at lcisp.com
Sun Dec 14 16:57:04 UTC 2003

Unless you want to try to resize your partition, using tools like
resize2fs and fdisk (which sound risky),

Is there some technical reason you can't have the swap in 2 chunks?  If
the priorities are set correctly, then the swap partition should be used
before the swap file would be.

Some other Unixes have traditionally also used the swap partition as a
dump after a kernel panic, but I don't believe that Linux does this.

Kevin Krieser <kkrieser at lcisp.com>