Problems exporting PATH after modified.

Jacques Escape deepspin at
Mon Dec 15 05:38:43 UTC 2003

I'm having some problems exporting the PATH environmental variable after I have modified it in the Terminal that comes with KDE.

What I do is I modify the PATH variable, and then export it. After this when I call "echo $PATH" the output displays the new modified string. BUT as soon as I log-out and log-in again the new modified PATH is gone and replaced by the original.

Please HeLp. I have consulted a number of books and nowhere have I found anything relating to this problem, except that one must export a variable in order to make it global.

thanX in advance for any help given.

P.S.: I'm a real newbie ;-)
Check out the latest SMS services @