Installing FC1 via Windows Sharing volume

Manos S. Pappas manos at pappas-online.de
Mon Dec 15 07:43:04 UTC 2003

Hello,

	I'm trying to install FC1 on an Acer Aspire 1703SM notebook. The
machine has an 80GB HD and the allocated partition for Fedora is about
10GB, including swap space (950MB - the machine has 512MB RAM).
Everything goes fine, until the point where anaconda formats the / and
swap partitions. After that, it tries to copy the install image to the
hard disk and always fails with a suggestion of insufficient disk space
(the linux partition is empty).

	I'm thinking of installing FC1 via network. I also have a
desktop WinXP Pro box and I was thinking if it is possible to install
Fedora on my notebook using the shared CD-ROM drive the desktop machine
has. Both machines are linked with 100MBits ethernet connection (no
hub/switch - just a simple "cross" network cable).

	Is this possible and how? If not, is there any other way of
installing Fedora, that would suit my case?

	Many thanks in advance.