Gnome menus and upgrades

Dave Atkinson dave_atkinson at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 15 17:26:39 UTC 2003

Hi List,

I tested out FC1 on a spare partition and decided it provided a couple
of features I wanted, so I upgraded my RH9 install to FC1...

One annoying thing I've noticed is that in the fresh install that I did,
there was a nice upgrade to the volume control panel applet that
provided visual feedback of the current volume and by default gave you
just the master volume slider to adjust, not the whole mixer.

Having upgraded my system proper, I don't get this feature.  Can anyone
point me to a reference that might explain how to fix this? (The whole
Gnome menu thing is a bit opaque to me - I've created my own menu
entries but have never managed to explain why some apps won't display
their's, e.g. ethereal).

MTIA,
Dave A.