Fedora disk label

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Mon Dec 15 20:17:35 UTC 2003

From: "William Hooper" <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: Fedora disk label

> Benjamin J. Weiss  said:
> > Heck, I just wish that there was an identifiable logo!  Can't use the
red
> > fedora anymore, cause that's RHEL (and Red Hat has made it abundantly
> > clear
> > that they don't want to sully RHEL's good reputation by associating it
> > with
> > an 'unstable distro' like Fedora. *sigh*
>
> Technically that would be the "Shadow Man" logo, not to be confused with
> the hat that happens to be red that is the menu icon.

Well, they look the same to me. :)  How do you tell the difference?

> > I guess the logo will have to be a fedora, but of another color.  I like
> > having an easily recognizable logo to put on my CD labels...
>
> Why not the stylized F on a blue background that is the favicon for
> fedora.redhat.com?
>
> Point of intereset, the favicon for www.redhat.com is the "Shadowman"
> mentioned above.

I did a 'locate favicon' on both my RH9 box, which returned no easily
identifiable graphic files, and on my FC1 box.  The FC1 box returned
/var/www/manual/images/favicon.ico, which is the feather for Apache.  So I
have no clue what the "favicon" is that you're talking about. :(

Ben