two gripes about Evolution ...

Clifford Snow glass-art at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 01:04:59 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 16:02, Elton Woo wrote:

> > > 	Agreed.
> >
> > This flag is ignored by most mailers, for good reason; it's trivially
> > easy for spammers to abuse it.
> So how is it that kmail, netscape, mozilla, and other mailers which
> I've used in the past *don't* ASSume that I will use the software to
> spam people?
>
> My need to change priority has a reason and a logic.
>
> For example, on another list, I wanted to reply to someone off-list,
> *urgently*. The recipient needed some linux CD's to install on his
> system in and was asking for a loan of a set. He was also travelling
> back and forth in and out of town, so naturally in that case, I would
> require / wish to reply to him *urgently*.
>
> However, replying via Evolution, I was not afforded that "luxury"!

I don't know why Ximian developers are reluctant to enable sending
messages with a priority flag, but I do know that I usually ignore the
flag.  It maybe important to the sender, but not to me.  Evolution
lets me flag a message as high priority when it is important to me.

The example you cited, if it was important to the recipient, then it
doesn't matter if you flagged it or not.  They will make it a priority.

If you still feel that you need this ability, then I would strongly urge
you to take this to the Ximian Evolution list.
--
Clifford Snow