Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3B for linux

John Wendel jwendel at fnmoc.navy.mil
Tue Dec 16 19:14:12 UTC 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 07:14 am, Michael Weiner wrote:
> Having some problems getting the Cisco VPNClient for linux built
> under Fedora Core 1 with linux-2.4.22-1.2129nptl. I was able to
> successfully build and run vpnclient-4.0 for linux with the last
> kernel (i.e. 2.4.22-1.2115nptl) however after doing a yum update
> and upgrading to the latest kernel, i find i can no longer build
> this module. So i went out and grabbed the latest client Cisco has
> for linux, and i get the same build problems. Isnt there some way
> to pass to the compiler a different kernel? I seem to remember
> people having to do this for certain builds of sources, but cant
> remember the exact syntax.
>
> Anyone? TIA

I have "vpnclient-linux-4.0.1.A-k9.tar.gz" running OK with 2129nptl.

Sorry to say, I don't remember doing anything special when building,
just used the supplied installer script.

Did you try "export CC=gcc32" before running the installer?

Could you post the actual error messages?

I'm willing to experiment on this end if you want to suggest things I
can try.

Regards,

John