Cups permission problems

Gerry Doris gdoris at
Tue Dec 16 19:37:54 UTC 2003

I decided to try an upgrade from RH 9 to Fedora.  I've got most things
working now but I am having a problem sharing printers on the Fedora box.

I can see the printers from a Win box using samba.  However, if I try and
connect to them I get a permission denied message back.  I've tried
printing from both another RH 9 and a couple of Win boxes.  No matter what
I try access is not allowed.  This was working fine when the box was
running RH 9 and LRPng.

I have gone into the printer configuration screen and turned on sharing
for all hosts.  That hasn't made any difference at all.

Is there some other setting that I'm missing here?

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer