two gripes about Evolution ...

David Keen keend at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 16 21:41:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 20:55, Elton Woo wrote:

> I've seen so much positive comments on Evolution in this
> and the shrike-list, that I thought I'd give it a try, but
> this disappoints me. The other thing, I've just found out,
> is that unlike some other mailers, you cannot selectively
> delete some of the messages in the trash folder.
>
> It's "all or nothing" ... <*sigh*>.
>
> Elton

That's because when you delete an email it is only marked for deletion.
Your email isn't gone until you have expunged it.  The Trash folder is
actually a vFolder.

I thought this was a bit weird at first, but I don't find it a problem.
If you don't want to see messages that are marked for deletion in your
(real) mail folders you can select View->Hide Deleted Messages.

--
David