ADSL connection debug

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Dec 16 22:52:46 UTC 2003

Hugo Perez Casanova ha scritto:

> There are a couple of things you should check:
>
> 1. Does the modem uses 10.0.0.138 as its IP address? if so, set your
> IP to 10.0.0.1 (C mask) and
>    do a ping, if it works retry with ppp
>
> 2. Some ADSL modems uses the IANA autoconfiguration address range,
> check what IP is getting for
>     the ethernet from windows, then set it in the Linux box and try again.
>
> I have worked successfully with a couple of modems that behaves this way.
>
> Hope this helps.

At least in Windows, it seems that modem is 192.168.0.1 and card is
192.168.0.14.
Didn't try ping tonight, too tired from a good tennis play ;-)

Maybe that is it connected to some issue on the card and not on the
modem??? how to check if so???

Tnx

--

 Antonio

 Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
 Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org