redhat-config-xfree86 enhancement?

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Wed Dec 17 05:03:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 22:41, Craig White wrote:

> I'm not looking to pick a fight with you - nor insult you. The whining
> comment was fair considering what I perceive to be your arrogance to
> think that you somehow had earned the right to get on this list and
> announce how you think things should be when I have never seen you help
> anyone, write any support documents, or participate in any meaningful
> way.

I wasn't following this thread until I saw this email, so I went back
and read it.

First, I have to admit I agree with the guy.  I would also like to see
an enhancement that at least X resorts to a failsafe
resolution/mode/whatever if it won't handle certain things, or something
along those lines.

Second, I don't consider him whining about anything.  First he mentioned
"users" as the ones to benefit from this, not himself.  Even sort of
looked like an intelligent convo going on about this, good or bad.

Third, maybe I'm worse for jumping in on an A & B convo, but since I'm
on the list and that's where the emails are going, then I am affected.
Stating that, don't see anything in writing anywhere stating he had to
be seen by someone supporting, writing docs or whatever, so that he may
then offer thoughts of improvement (whether opinionated or fact).

Again, sorry to jump in on this, but for some reason I thought the guy
was getting jumped on for no reason.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!"