Power-off

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Dec 17 20:11:43 UTC 2003

At 12:44 12/17/2003, you wrote:

>Would not the admin have as moderating the list to limit the number of
>identical emails? I believe that this would give more seriousness the list.

Considering the amount of mail that goes through that server, and the fact
that messages are processed individually both in parallel and in series,
the programming such a concept would require is certainly non-trivial and
almost certainly not worthwhile. Also note that, in my time on this list (6
years or 8, maybe 10?), I have never seen something like this happen so the
benefit is small.

Just wait until something this embarrassing happens to you in public. And
trust me... someday, it will. <grin>

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com