OT ??? Re: About: Username with DOT

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Dec 17 23:34:23 UTC 2003

Fritz Whittington wrote:
> On or about 2003-12-16 21:07, Jim Cornette whipped out a trusty #2
> pencil and scribbled:
>

>>Magic Wu wrote:

>>PS - Posting in HTML messes up a lot of text based email clients. Some
>>delete html messages and your pool of possible helpful people drop off
>>considerably.
>>

> Look at the source to his post. Nary a scrap of HTML anywhere. Just
> plain vanilla

> as was your reply to his post.

My apologies for the html mixup. BIG5 was pretty *big text*.

Do you recall which list had the discussion about using adduser with
user.lastname for account names. I was trying to lead Magic Wu to the
discussion list for the dot in the username. As stated, the discussion
didn't interest me enough to save email from the discussion.

Jim