multiple duplicate postings -- whose fault is it?

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Thu Dec 18 00:37:20 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 18:30, Jay Scherrer wrote:
> Please, keep us informed as to what happened. Could this be a new "DOS" for
> news groups and servers? How does one protect their server from out bursts
> like this?

    It's not hard; if the admin catches it, they can just deny/bounce
the stuff.  I figure that he musta just gotten this after he went to bed
or something.  :)

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.