Nvidia, Fedora, twice-loading rendering

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Thu Dec 18 05:02:10 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 21:18, Wolfgang Gill wrote:

> No Problems :-). I don't hit the 100fps barrier either on MOST maps. And I run
> a Nvidia GF FX5900 Ultra. "Yanc" is a Configuration tool for the NVidia based
> cards. If you search google, you should find it. It will also interface to
> NVclock as well.

    Got another question. [Changing the subject line]

    I had only a speed problem under the original drivers- 4496? And
tried the beta drivers in hopes of raising the FPS, which it did, kinda.
But at times it showed (in EnemyTerritory, anyway) blackened splotches
and a whopping 5FPS. Yeah, that's five.  Talk about an upgrade.

    So I tossed it, came back to 4496, but:

    A) The blotching is still there.
    B) UT (UnrealTournament) which is perfect and faster, crashes the
second time I go to load the second map.
    C) Running the screensaver with an OpenGL mode, it works once, then
I have to restart the thing to select and see another GL screensaver.

    I've rebooted a couple of times, earlier tonight I did a cold
power-off to reset the card if it needs it...it's still there.

    I guess I coulda killed my card...but I'm not overclocking or using
it in any new way.

    Any ideas?

    (Yeah, I'm gonna check with Nvidia on the problem, too.)

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.