multiple duplicate postings -- whose fault is it?

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at suth.com
Thu Dec 18 13:36:19 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 09:35, nicola.losito at poste.it wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > > The other reason would be that he, like myself, got only
> one such
> > > message, so he has no idea that this problem ever occured.
>

> Hi to everyone.
>
> fist of all I AM REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sorry for what
> happened today. Never in my life I would imagine damaging so
> many people in a so ... ugly (? i'm italian and words fails
> me) way ...
>
> I'm the infamous KOOLINUS who today owerflowed your email
> address.
>
> I received ALL the 600 mail in my mailbox. I realized soon
> that something was going wrong and "killed" the smtp server.
> But that damn thing can send mails very very fast so the
> damage was done before I could do anything. I tried to
> contact mr. bfox at RH wich seems to be the "chief" and also my
> italian ISP.
>
> I hope to have suggestion and hint to which learn more about
> SMTP server. Promise not to damage U all anymore.
>
> If u want me to step out already tell me so and ?ill do it.
>
> Again, I'm VERY sorry and ashamed !!!!
>
> sicerily
>    Nicola,

Nicola,
Apology accepted. (speaking for myself only)

You made a mistake, you owned up to it & you promised to learn from it.
We have all done something like this at one time or another. The
important thing is that you *learn* from your mistake.

Tony Placilla   anthony_placilla at suth.com

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10);'