Problem with grip and id3

S. Boucher stephane.boucher at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 18 15:17:43 UTC 2003

id3lib-3.8.3 really should be provided as a package.  Without it, grip
cannot do id3v2 tags, and that's bad because id3v1 is limited.

If id3lib is provided as an update rpm, an new grip rpm should alsow be
provided.

I'm aware that mp3 isn't supported in fedora for legal reasons, but are
there legal issues with providing id3lib?  It's only a library to modify
the tag of files.

Of course, I get around all of that by compiling a new xmms, and
installing lame, id3lib.  Only problem is I can't get grip to compile
properly... but that's another matter for some other time.

PS. it sux that Fedora Core1 is mp3 incapable, otherwise I like it.