2.6 final available, any takers?

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 18 22:57:09 UTC 2003

David C. Hart wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 10:00, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
>
>>Scott Burns wrote:

> Works fine. I had to change the boot sting from LABEL=/ to /dev/hda4.
> Some cardbus enhancements. Bigger kernel but speed seems about the same
> maybe a tad faster than 2.4.23.
>                                ---------
>             Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence

I had to remove ide-scsi from the grub entry for 2.6.

With that entry in, I lost my burner from being recognized.

I have to run redhat-config-sound to get my soundcard to work. The
module is not added to modprobe.conf file.

It seems to work other than the modules for sound loaded automatically
at startup.

Jim