Problem with grip and id3

S. Boucher stephane.boucher at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 19 06:34:12 UTC 2003

>Have you checked out http://freshrpms.net?  Many extra RPM's for FC1.

Will do.  Although I worked out a hack to get proper id3v2.  id3lib
comes with the id3tag program.  So, I get grip to invoke this program to
tag my files (filter program config in grip for the Encoding).

>>PS. it sux that Fedora Core1 is mp3 incapable, otherwise I like it.
>>

>Is there a reason you _need_ MP3 over OGG?  IMO, OGG quality is just as
>good, if not better and there is non of that legal/patent crap as with
>the MP3 format.

Well, my car player for one, doesn't like OGG.  OGG also hasn't caught
on on flash players yet, but then again, I haven't found a worthy flash
player yet :-)

I'm more than willing to go the OGG way... when I can play them
everywhere I need to.