Select packages in install

Brian Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Dec 19 21:27:53 UTC 2003

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 01:54 12/16/2003, you wrote:
>
>> Mike Peterson wrote:
>>
>>> The individual package option was removed from Fedora.
>>> The last word was that there were no plans to bring it back.
>>
>> Any particular reason?
>> Install minimal, then add whatever you want?
>> Well, at least we have a choice or will this be removed too?  >:o
>

> Not to worry, Bob. Mike's comment is incorrect... the choice is still
> there.

The choice isn't there.
Yes, you can click in the individual package groups to enable more
packages, but this is worlds different from being able to select from
all packages available on the install media. In fact, if you do an
'everything' install in fedora, you're presented with a warning that
says something like 'this is more packages than just what's available by
selecting all packages in all groups'.