Request for verification of Bug in ImageMagick.

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Sat Dec 20 08:16:31 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 16:52, Mike Klinke wrote:
> I'd like to know if anyone else can lock up their system using the
> sequence below.  If so, I'll add this to bugzilla for ImageMagick
> under Fedora.
>
> ======================
>
> display <some image_name>
>
> click on the image to bring up the "commands" menu
> select "Miscellany"
> select "Preferences"
> select "Display image on a centered background"
> select "Apply"
> Image will re-draw
> right click image to bring up "shortcuts" menu
> select Image Info
>
> At this point I see an hour glass that never goes away. I cannot bring
> up the task bar or <alt>-tab to any other application that's running.
> I have to <ctrl>-<alt>-F1 to a console window, login and issue a kill
> command to kill the "display" process.
>
> ======================

I get a strange result, but not your hang. After 3 seconds of no
interaction with the window "display" brings up, it closes. This does
not seem to be documented as how "display" should behave.

> Note: you'll have to edit "/root/.display"  file to set:
>
> display.backdrop False
>
> to reverse the actions above.

So you are getting this problem when running as root? Do you see the
same thing running as a less priveleged user?

Cheers, Ben
--
.O.    Ben Stringer
..O    ben at burbong.com