fc on thinkpad

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Sat Dec 20 15:10:26 UTC 2003

Asad Javid <ajavid at duc.ac.ae> said:

> i have installed fc1 on my ibm thinkpad T30 laptop. everything seems
> to work fine except that it didnt pick up the right monitor due to
> which it is only in 800x600 view.

did you select your monitor to be a generic 1024x768 lcd? that's all I
had to select and it worked right after install. that plus add into
your boot the line "vga=791" to give you a 1024x768 bootup.

> the other problem is that it has a winmodem. are there any rpms out
> for fc1 on thinkpad??

you need the slmdm package. you can get that at dag.wieers.com's rpm
repository (that plus kernel-slmdm package i think). make sure you get
version 2.4.10. anything after that doesn't seem to work. warning... i
don't use Dag Wieers' slmdm packages. i compile them myself. i got
mine from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/resources.html

of course, all my answers assume you have a similar T30 as mine. mine
is model number 2366-81A.

dex