WINDOWMAKER-FLUXBOX

James Jones jamesjones01 at mchsi.com
Sun Dec 21 00:10:19 UTC 2003

David Muse wrote:

>I use fluxbox as my window manager on Fedora Core 1.
>
>Fluxbox has a problem with the locale-related environment variables
>on Fedora Core 1.  Actually the problem is font-related.  It's complicated...
>When you run fluxbox and just got a blue screen, if you wait a while (quite
>a while) it will ultimately start up.  The solution is to set LC_ALL=C
>prior to starting up fluxbox.
>
>Create a .xsession file with the following contents:
>
>	export LC_ALL=C
>	startfluxbox
>
>(make sure startfluxbox is in your path)

Hmmm. "rpm -ql fluxbox | grep startfluxbox" turns up nothing. "rpm -q
fluxbox"
says I have fluxbox-0.1.14-0.fdr.6.1. Do I have the correct RPM?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/fluxbox/startfluxbox.html shows what
appears to be the contents of startfluxbox, and that matches what's in
/usr/X11R6/bin/startfluxbox on the computer I have running Mandrake, so I'll
create that in that place and see how far I can get.

Thanks very much for the advice. I will followup with the results I get.

    James