PERL or PYTHON?

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 21 01:36:26 UTC 2003

Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> If I was to start learning a Scripting Language today,
> which should I attempt to learn first -
>
> PERL? or PYTHON?
>
> especially in regard to Fedora / Red Hat or
> Linux for that matter? and the future?
>
> YUM / RPM / APT-GET is written in which format?
>
> Newbie Chris Cz

Hi Chris,

Could you please *not* hijack the thread? Don't reply to a message and
change the subject: that way your mail gets to be part of an existing
thread and gets buried in the one you hijacked. This has 2 effects:

1. The people reading the original thread get to read unrelated stuff ;-((
2. The people interested in your question/replies might delete it,
because they are not interested in the thread you hijacked.

So, please compose a new message and address it to the list.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)