KDE 3.2 beta and K3b + some other questions

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 11:39:44 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I've finaly decided to update my system to KDE 3.2 beta and Kernel 2.6 (
final ). Apart form 2 standard problems namely lack of the wheel
function in my USB mouse and the desapearing sound card after kernel
update I came across two more that to my knowledge haven't been
discussed here.

KDE 3.2 is not happy with K3b, did anybody managed to make it work on
the beta of KDE 3.2?

Gkrellm, installed with all extra rpms from freshrpms, comes up with
segmentation fault after kernel update, I managed to make it work by
uninstalling all and then reinstaling main rpms + installing most
plugins one by one by hand. Is there an easier way or shall I start to
read maximum RPM nad rebuild them for my system?

And one more thing, is there an update to NVIDIA drivers for 2.6 or
should I have Kernel without G4 patch as discussed previously?

Thanks

Bart Kalita   MCP

http://www.bart-domain.com