Quick Fedora Kernel 2.6.0-1.104 Tips

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Dec 23 01:26:57 UTC 2003

(AC'97 sound --- ide-scsi)

Anderson Silva wrote:
> All,

Thanks for the below help.

> 4. If you have a CD-write, kernel 2.6 does not need ide-scsi... so get
> rid of you hdxx=ide-scsi from /etc/grub.conf

If ide-scsi is in the file, you will probably not see your burner. I
couldn't with it present in the grub.conf entry.

> 5. Still using OSS for sound, and USB mouse, add the following to
> /etc/rc.local
>
> /sbin/modprobe uhci_hcd
> /sbin/modprobe i810_audio
> /sbin/modprobe ac97

Adding these lines to the rc.local file got my sound going without
having to run redhat-config-soundcard. --Thanks!

> * You can always create the right entries to your /etc/modules.conf
They didn't work when added to modprobe.conf for me. The above approach
does though.

> Quick Fedora Kernel 2.6.0-1.104 Tips
>
> Everything else still works... CD-RW, DVD Player, PCMCIA, USB Memory
> Stick, ACPI...

> Hope this helps some people.
  > AS

Sure does!!!!
Jim

--
He's the kind of guy, that, well, if you were ever in a jam he'd
be there... with two slices of bread and some chunky peanut butter.