cisco ip softphone

fedora fedora at packetstorm.org
Tue Dec 23 15:04:29 UTC 2003

I need to find out if theres a project that allows me to run Cisco IP
Phone

Their software download only support Winblows and our company moved to
Soft Phone (and these suck the big one).

So now I have to run windows to use the damn phone, worse if the screen
saver is engaged with password protection you cannot answer the damn thing
before loggin in.

And it crashes all the time on windows 2000 or suddenly disconnects and
gets all goofy thus requiring a system REBOOT to use the stupid phone.

We hate this system but management doesnt care as they get actual 'hard
phones'. Real phones tied into the ip phone system and not the crap us
peons have to use.

So I am wondering if someone knows how to get their softphone code working
in Fedora. Maybe i can at least get more stability.

thanks,

Greg