Kernel 2.6 problems

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Tue Dec 23 17:00:19 UTC 2003

Hmm.  That is weird.  I wrote a lot of stuff in here.;)  Some people seem to have
problems with my GPG signature, so I will go ahead and resend the message without
signing it.

I am having a couple of problems with the 2.6 kernel.

1.  In an earlier email it was suggested that ide-scsi is not needed for CDRW
drives in 2.6.0 kernels.  In that case, how do I write to a CD?  Cdrecord is
giving me SCSI errors whenever I try to burn a CD.

2.  Kernel 2.  6.0 doesn't seem to recognize UDF filesystems on CDRW media.  It
gives me the "wrong fs type, bad superblock" thing.  When I put the same CD in my
RH9 box which has a 2.4 kernel, it recognizes it as a UDF CD.

3.  The sound is working with the tweaks mentioned in a previous message plus
adding the module specific to my sound card.  However, the PC speaker is totally
dead.  I get no beeps or sound of any kind from the PC speaker.  Is there yet
another module I need to add or something else I need to do to get the speaker
running?

				Thanks for any help,
					PRINCE