Help please (problems with adsl)

prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org
Tue Dec 23 18:57:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 07:07:11PM +0100, KaLeRO typed in a frenzy:
> Anybody knows what's happening with my connection? I really need to connect Fedora Core 1 to internet!, please help me. Thank you.

Could you please let us know if you are using a downloaded version of
rp-pppoe? FC1 comes with a modified rp-pppoe package that allows you to
set up your adsl in the gui wizard. This is under (assuming you are using
Gnome), Fedora (the actual hat icon) -> System Settings -> Network.

If you compiled rp-pppoe on your own from source I would try removing
that first. Also, make sure you have all of your settings correct.
When I say that I mean look for the correct username, the correct
ethernet cable plugged into the correct car and adsl-modem (or should
I say device?). Try recreating the connection, and if you haven't merged
the patch to (I believe it's /etc/init.d/network), then you'll want to
name the provider ppp0.

You don't have any strangeness going on with a firewall do you? That
could also hamper things, especially if you're not letting -any- packets
out of the machine period. That's about the extent of what I can
give ya at the moment.

Alex