Promise SATA Module ?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Dec 23 23:54:40 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 14:35, Dean Mumby wrote:
> Well I installed the kernel-source i then booted using kernel-BOOT
> and compiled the module. When I then tried to use the module it told
> me the module was for kernel2.4.22-2115.nptl and this is
> kernel-2.4.22-2115.nptlBOOT I was stumped at this point because
> creating the install disk is useless if you cant boot the kernel.

There is no need to boot to the kernel you wish to compile for.  Go into
your kernel-source, make mrproper, load the proper config from
configs/, edit the Makefile to use the proper kernel version string,
and then build your module.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: