root is denied the ability to change permissions?

Dennis Calhoun dcalhoun at blomand.net
Wed Dec 24 22:09:34 UTC 2003

Yup, it seems very odd to me and I've found no way around it, but when
I try to use *any* means of changing the permissions on certain
things, root is denied the ability to do so. I want to make a slave
drive, that I've properly mounted, open for writing to it under my
regular username instead of having to log out completely and log back
in as root. So far I cannot find a way for root to be able to change
this.

Any idea why this is and what I can do about it?
If more info is needed, please be simple and clear about exactly what
you want me to get from where and I will gladly supply it.

sincere thanks for all the help I've gotten in here already!
--
Dennis C.