up2date not automatic

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Thu Dec 25 02:17:56 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 20:05, Tom Mitchell wrote:

> I suspect that both the FC1 base and Update locatons should exist
> as a pair for each mirror.  This permits a new package install to
> resolve needed packages and pick up updates at the same time.
>
> So /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources might have a pair thus for up2date:
>    yum FC1-Stan-Update
> ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i3
>86 yum FC1-Stan-Base
> ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os

Although not a bad idea I don't think it absolutely necessary as the
comment at the bottom of the sources file states:

# multiple versions of all repos except "up2date"
# can be used. Depenencies can be resolved "cross-repo"
# if need be.

Unless I'm reading that wrong you should be able to mix and match as
you see fit.

Regards,  Mike Klinke